Monday, May 30, 2011

So 2007 was the last time I had anything to say?

Well here it is 2011, a ton has changed.  I am a dad now, guess that is the biggest change.  Been working at the same job for going on four years now, still teaching.  Trying to be new and innovative, with work in projection design and interactive live entertainment.  I have been married to the same wonderful woman for five years come this July... I thank her daily for putting up with my shit that long.

For some fucking reason I have decided to act in a play, not sure if I miss acting or have finally taken that last step into madness... it has been 10 years since I have done anything on stage that was of any significance.  Either I will succeed or fail and fall flat on my ass in front of both my students and colleagues it should be one hell of a ride.

On the hobby side I still play a little Warhammer, not as much as I would like or used to.  Can't seem to find a group of guys that are anywhere near as cool as the Boyz back in Moscow.  I almost applied for a job back in Moscow this year but didn't in the end, nostalgia is not a great reason to relocate.  Been spending most of my free time and mad money restoring my 1973 F-100, truck has been in my family for years.  Project is coming along nicely, unless gas becomes near free it will never be my daily driver... 12MPG on a good day with a tailwind.

As for my video game opinions.  Cranking thru Final Fantasy XIII on 360.  The combat system is a little to easy, I have been noticing this of RPG's in general as of late.  Game Dev's seem to be dumbing down the single player RPG to cater to a more "mainstream" audience.  I by no means consider myself to be a hardcore gamer.  Just looking for that Baulder's Gate II experience again.  When I don't have time to grind out some RPG I find myself back at COD Black Ops.  Here is the deal if your player symbol looks like a dong or your name either talks about your dong or is racist/derogatory in any way, I will spend my time hunting you. 


It's late... I have a bedroom to paint tomorrow,

-B

No comments: