Thursday, November 16, 2006

Archive 9-14-06

Of Weddings, Cruises, and Randomness


Well it seems that I am a failure… not in general but in getting information out to you my loyal readers, all two of you, thanks ma. So as many of you are aware at this point I got married this summer. Well along with all of the horseshit than goes into a wedding comes the fun part for the couple… the honeymoon.

Now being the guy who likes to review all things fun and entertaining here for Da Boyz, I would feel more a failure if I did not report on my Caribbean cruise. The Mrs. and I spent a fun filled week on the Carnival Conquest, the flag ship of Carnival cruise lines. Whilst we had a wonderful time but let me say this, a cruise ship is a microcosm of American culture boiled down to its @#%$ worst. I have never seen a group of people be more over indulgent and down right rude than on this trip. Let me break it down by points.

First just because there is a vat of @#%$ bacon on the breakfast buffet it does not mean that it is ok to eat 14 slices and 4 yes friends 4 eggs sunny side up, “the rawer the better,” is what the man in the line next to me said as the line cook fried up this artery clogger for him. Yes your ticket pays for all the food you can eat… then do that instead of grabbing everything you can get your fat fingers on and sending most of it to the trash.

Second just because the majority of the fine folks working for the ship are from small foreign nation it does not give us the right to treat them as slave labor, yes it is their job to clean my room and serve me food, and bus my table… that does not excuse the use of “please” and “thank you” as many of my fellow passengers felt.

Third if a 16 year old girls parents don’t instill her that “if you dress like a whore, you will be treated like one,” in their daughters head it is not an open invitation to men 18-35 to try and have their way with these girls… and yes no matter how much a woman they look they are still girls. There are plenty of women over 18 on board willing to give up their self respect for a few $8 cruise ship drinks. God help me if I have girl children.

All in all it was a good time though, me not being the most into meetin and hangin out with new folks I think it would be more fun to drag a group of friends along the next time the wife and I choose to sail the high seas.

Right now as I work on this there is an old episode of Pee Wee’s Playhouse on TV, and I am grossed the @#%$ out because the last 3 min has been a close up of a dog eating canned dog food. Now it’s the King of Cartoons doing “To be or not to be” from Hamlet. I think Pee Wee’s Playhouse must be what an acid flashback must be like.

The summer movie season seemed to fail me as well, now I am not sure if this had to do with all the travel, work, and getting married the summer brought me or that I have finally just gotten that bitter. So to fill the need I went back and watched some summer classics from my youth here is the list… watch these films


1. Jaws- Quint is my dad
2. Ghostbusters- “whoa, whoa, whoa nice shootin Tex”
3. The Blues Brothers- The only musical that is allowed on a mans shelf
4. T2- Summer $$
5. Aliens- “game over man, that’s it game fuckin over”
6. The Big Labowski- A real cult film… lets not get me started
7. Blazing Saddles- A movie with a message and the best fart joke ever
8. Wrath of Khan- all Trek movies wish they were this cool, and with rich Corinthian leather

This list is more for the kids born in the 80’s as I would assume all of the 21 and up boyz have seen these fine films… it’s for the children.

Tabletop gaming has had me repainting my Space Wolf army. The results are coming along nicely with 15 blood claws done I am working on putting together two 10 man squads of Grey Hunters. WFB has had me playing in another tourney with the same results I usually have 2 losses and 1 draw. If I was interested in winning I would most likely play an army more than once. Big thanks to Badpeoples for letting me use his lizards.

Not been playin to many video games as of late. Still have yet to finish Kingdom Hearts II. I feel bad but I think I am gona give up on filling Jimmney’s Journal and just finish. I have been keeping my ear to the ground and watching the next gen wars heat up as the “shopping” season approaches. I am interested to see if Sony pulls this out, their marketing theory for PS3 seems to be “piss off our loyal market base.” But what the hell do I know I didn’t buy a PS2 till FFX2 came out. Not exactly a consumer, Except of snacks. Speaking of snacks hit up that new bagel sammich place on Main, one they make a damn tasty sammich, two how can ya hate a place that has an item called the Donkey Punch on the menu. Kids u ask your dads about that one… so until next time

Party on and be excellent to each other


B-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo thanks for the add.

ladyC said...

hey, it's cricket! 14 slices o bacon and 4 eggs?! what about hash browns?! what about toast?! lol

man, if i had 14 slices AND on a cruise ship, i would've barfed.

ps. where's 'A Christmas Story'? it's defo in my top 10!

hope you and your wife are well!