Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

The Bubba-man wishes all a Happy Thanksgiving to all and a wondrous beginning to the Christmas season. Yes I am a Christmas nut, not in the mall jockey way of my good friend Johnny-B's nemesis the dreaded mall mom. I have to add that being a former mall employee, not just at the mall in Moscow, in undergrad I did a year long stint in the Nordstrom womans shoe department... I knew that retail was not for me. Somehow I can't manage to kiss someones ass for 8hrs a day, who knew. Back to the holiday at had, I am a gift givin, house decoratein, tree trimin, pie eatin Christmas lovin Mo-Fo. Even if I know what I am going to get I love to have all my presents wrapped to keep the childlike mystery in the love of the present. Me and the enchanting Mrs. spent all day today watching seasonal films, football, and eating the requisite leftovers. I spent part of yesterday sorting my decorations preparing for the all important light plot for the holiday. Come on it's a lighting designers holiday.

Now for what we all look forward too, shit that downright pisses me off. As I was scanning the web from the hell hole of the outer asshole of Oregon that is La Grande. I came across a TV I had been eying at the Circuit City that was going to be on sale on the dreaded Black Friday... dum dum dummmmm. This 32" LCD normally sells for around $990 and was going to be on sale in store for $499 starting at 5am when the store opens. Now for me the store is 87 miles away in the scenic Tri-Shitties. My plan to get up at 5 call said store, have them put one on hold with the power of plastic, pour the little wife in the car and make a day of it. The little wife hates the morning the way Oregonians hate Republicans. So I call and what do I find out my friends... the Fucking TV's were sold out by 4am, yes they were sold out before the fucking store even opened. Why, because to keep our prancing jackanape countrymen from knifing each other over consumer goods, you now have to be a pre pre door buster and line ur sad ass up at 2am to get a "voucher" that gives you the right to go in the store and pick up a TV that does not technically go on sale for another 3hrs. Well fuck me running with a chainsaw... or in this case a 32" LCD TV. Ehh thats what I get for being a cheap bastard I guess.

Until next time
with my mind on my money and my money on my mind

-B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want a 32" LCD TV...that sucks, that would've been a killer deal.

Hope Turkey day was good.

Oki Atama said...

Gigantor:

http://www.passwird.com/

you prolly already know this link, but what the hell; I surf past it a couple times each day, and there’s often great deals on LCDs and such!